Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter mania: the end of an era

When I left work tonight I did a quick check of Twitter and Facebook and all there were were posts about Harry Potter. I get it. It’s an end of an era but the era ended a long time ago after the seventh book was released.  It’s just sad to think that something that has been around since I was in the 3rd grade is ending. I remember being in school and first hearing about Harry Potter because they were worth so many points in accelerated reader. It also made us all feel so grown up because they were such big books for such tiny kids. I’m not a die hard HP fan but I did enjoy it and I enjoyed all the movies, but I realized when I watched part 1 I didn’t remember half the characters or plot because I read the book so long ago. I will say that I am jealous that a group of my friends up at school who are all together watching it while I’m sitting here at home after a day at work. I would love to go just to see all the hoopla and see everyone’s costumes. Life goes on. As I said to Franny earlier, I’m only sad I’m not at the midnight showing because it’s the last one but seeing Twilight at midnight is more worth it to me and I won’t miss that for anything, even dollar beers.

XO Katie

PS- woke up to a text from AJV that just said "sorry". Wow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment