Saturday, July 23, 2011

RHONYC Season Finale

No surprise here, but Katie and I are obsessed with reality TV.  Every week, both of us watch a selection of shows and text back and forth the entire time.  This week, we were eagerly anticipating the Season Finale of the Real Housewives of New York City.  Here are our reactions:


Katie:

Chic c’est la vie! C’est bon! C’est bon!

I really don’t know where to start. I am actually extremely disappointed in the season finale of Real Housewives of NYC. First off, I adore Natalie Cole and having her sing with Luann was just not up to muster. I feel like I would sing “Love” way better than Luann ever could. Also, who throws a one-year anniversary party with your boyfriend?  I actually agree with Jill and they shouldn’t have had a party unless they were engaged. Throughout the season I did notice that Ramona has been trying to steal everyone’s thunder so I wasn’t surprised when she decided to have her pregnancy hoopla happen during Luann’s party. This whole episode was just lack luster for me. I was expecting so much more out of the NYC housewives. The thing that angered me the most was the end of the episode when they list what everyone is up to. They tried to be too clever and frankly it was stupid. #notafan

All in all, I’m sad that the season has ended but I’m so glad that I still have my Jersey girls to watch and counting down the days until I can play Andy’s Watch What Happens Live drinking game.

Lynn:
Hummers, limos, and yachts. Oh my!

Unfortunately, the vehicles were the most impressive portion of the season finale of the Real Housewives of New York City.  Overall, this episode was truly disappointing.  In a season featuring camel rides, two huge Sweet 16 parties, and more drama than I can keep track of, I expected more.  The episode begins with the Countess taping her music video.  Can we talk about a free publicity stunt?  She "wanted to share the time with the other Housewives." #BS  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that she wanted the other ladies in the video for free in order to help promote it.  However, her plan failed and Ramona "Turtle Time" Singer, Alex "I Think I'm a Model, but Really I Just Pose Nude" McCord, and Sonja "Wow, I'm Broke...and Naked" Morgan all declined to appear.  Hmmm...surprise surprise - too smart for you Countess.  The most shocking moments in the episode occurred during the Countess's yacht ride.  First off, who hosts a one-year anniversary party? #ijustneedsomeattention  Second, why would the Countess think it's appropriate to sail by the Statue of Liberty?  Did she forget that her husband's family brought it to the US?  Even Ramona picked up on that one because....she wasn't drinking any Pinot! Because, even better, she thought she was pregnant.  Ramona, you're not pregnant, you're just getting old.  Don't even get me started on the end of the episode commentary on each woman.  This is usually a highlight of the season finale, but again, really disappointed this time.  Bravo, your "witty" quips and attempts at banter were flops - let Andy Cohen stay as the funny one.

XO Katie & Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment